What to Expect During Your First Visit
At Langley Orthodontics, we want your first visit to our practice to be as comfortable, informative, and productive as possible.
What happens during my first visit to Langley Orthodontics?
During your first consultation appointment with us, you'll meet with one of our doctors and our new patient coordinator for a discussion about your needs. You will also have digital photographs taken.
After a full review of your dental and health history, the orthodontists will examine you thoroughly, to assess your orthodontic treatment needs.
We will describe the orthodontic process to you carefully, and show you a video that demonstrates the various evaluation and record-taking steps.
Next, we'll review your orthodontic treatment options, the approximate duration of each treatment type, and the costs involved. Most importantly, we address your questions and concerns about your treatment choices.
If the patient is a child, the parent should be present at this time, since the responsibilities of all parties involved will be discussed in detail.
What does the first consultation include?
- Personal Orthodontic Consultation with an orthodontist(s)
- Complete Review of your Medical and Dental History
- Facial Examination
- Intraoral Examination
- Oral Cancer Screening
- Gum Disease Screening
- Extra-Oral Pictures, if necessary
- Smile Aesthetics Analysis
- Upper and Lower Jaw Size Analysis (in three planes of space)
- Tooth Crowding Analysis
- Tooth Eruption and Sequence of Eruption Analysis
- Bite Analysis
- Jaw Joint Exam
- Addressing your primary concerns
- Review of treatment options
- Discussion of the approximate length of treatment
- Discussion of the different types of braces/appliances for your particular case
- Presentation of fees, interest-free monthly payments, and insurance inquiries
Interested in Invisalign?
If you are interested in Invisalign treatment, we will perform an assessment of candidacy for this type of treatment.
Your Comfort & Satisfaction Is Our Goal.
We want you to feel comfortable at our office, and our First Smile Consultation is a no-risk way for you to experience our office.